PPA Decodes Booking Terms and Conditions
1. The PPA Decodes event series 'PPA Decodes' is an event series administered by the Professional Publishers Association Ltd ("PPA").
2. By registering for and/or attending any or all of the PPA Decodes events, all Delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the Delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
3. Delegates registering for the PPA Data Masterclass series will be required to pay a fee of £75 + VAT for PPA members, or £150 + VAT for non-members. The Registration Fee does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at the specific Masterclasses registered for. All Registration Fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£) via invoice, or through the PPA’s credit card processing partner.
4. Delegates registering from within a PPA member organisation will be given a ticket free of charge. However, if the delegate fails to attend on the event date or dates to which they registered without giving at least three working days’ notice, they will be required to pay a ‘non attend’ fee of £139 + VAT per event. The PPA will invoice the individual after the event date in this case with 30 day payment terms. Substitutions may be accepted in place of the registered delegate, if the PPA gives permission that the substitute is satisfactory.
5. Delegates registering who do not work for a PPA member organisation will be required to pay a fee of £139 + VAT per delegate, per event. The Registration Fee does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at the specific PPA Decodes event registered for. All Registration Fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£) through the PPA’s credit card processing partner.
6. Delegate places are limited. Places are subject to availability.
7. Cancellations made 21 days or more prior to the specific event date will be refunded (less an administration charge of 15% of the total Registration Fees). The Organiser regrets that cancellations received after this date cannot be accepted and no refunds will be made.
8. Substitutions can be requested by giving written notice to the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to accept or deny a request for Substitution.
9. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your Delegate place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the PPA Decodes events) on repayment of the lesser of the Registration Fee, or if the Registration Fee has not been paid in full, the amount actually received by the Organiser; and this repayment shall be in full and final settlement of any claims against the Organiser by you relating to your Delegate place at the event or events.
10. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that the Organiser reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond the Organiser's control, the Organiser reserves the right to change the times, dates and the venues of the event or events, without incurring any liability to you.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each Delegate shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
13. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
14. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the Delegate agrees not to hold the Organiser liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Delegate during the course of the event or events, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the event or events, attending the event or events, alteration of the event schedule, cancellation of the event or events, or any error or omission on the part of the Organiser. This provision does not reduce or restrict the Organiser's liability for death or personal injury caused by the Organiser's negligence or liability for fraud on the part of the Organiser.
15. The Delegate by accepting these Terms and Conditions hereby indemnifies the Organiser and its servants and agents against and hold it harmless from all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the Delegate during the event or events.
16. Delegates are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the event or events. Where the Delegate is travelling from outside of the United Kingdom to attend the event or events, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
17. Any personal information provided as part of the PPA Decodes registration is used for the purpose for which it has been provided (including but without limitation, providing delegate names to the venue operator and including delegate names and their respective business name in delegate lists to be distributed and/or displayed at the event or events).
18. Delegates acknowledge that photography and/or filming will take place at the events and as such they may be photographed and/or filmed. Such resulting film and/or photographs will be used for news purposes and by PPA for promotional purposes.
19. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any Delegate in the view of the Organiser or the event venue operator, the Delegate may be refused entry to or asked to leave and excluded from the event without refund or compensation.
20. Delegates may be asked to undergo reasonable security searches at the event venue.
Professional Publishers Association Limited Registered in England no. 00132310 VAT Registration no. 341 1391 90